I know it's not my normal update time, but I was tagged for a meme by Miss Twiss, and thought I'd actually answer this time since the baby happens to be napping and I can concentrate on writing for a while. So, Miss Twiss, this one's for you. Notice I'm writing in English too. :)
Five things I miss from my childhood.
1. Swimming. My brother, I, and a couple of cousins-of-a-sort spent days and days on the beach, or actually in the water. I quit when I was around 12, grew breasts and started having grown up men whistling at me.
2. Summer trips with the family. We used to drive around Finland (and sometimes Sweden and Norway) with the car and caravan. I never liked the idea of a summer cottage, and loved how the view from the door was different every morning. When I was around 16, I started having summer jobs and couldn't go anymore. I still miss it.
3. Climbing trees. It just isn't the same when you are 30-ish and need a ladder to get to the lower branches.
4. Grandma's homemade bread. My grandmother died when I was 16, and I never learned to bake the kind of bread she made. Though I guess it would require the kind of a wood-heated old-fashioned stove she had, too.
5. Having the time to read, read, read... When I was 13 or so I read over 250 books a year. I'm lucky if I get to 25 nowadays.
I'm not going to tag anybody specifically, but if you feel like it, go ahead and steal the meme (and leave a comment so I can come spy on you).